As of Friday, October 5, 2018
To the editor:
Facts of the day:
• Nearly half (46 percent) of Second Congressional District residents live below or near the poverty level.
• Eighteen of 20 counties in the disrict are below the state avg ($28,822) in median per capita income. Ten of the 20 counties are more than 20 percent below the state average.
In the past 18 months (from 7/26/18), Walden has spent the following at 5 star resorts and restaurants:
• Over $25,000 at the St. Regis Deer Park, Park City, Utah.
• Over $53,000 at Brasada Ranch, golf resort in central Oregon.
• Over $17,000 at Mastro’s, steakhouse in Washington DC.
• Over $11,000 at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Washington DC.
• Over $10,000 at Acqua, restaurant in Washington DC. (www.fec.gov)
Meanwhile, Jamie McLeod-Skinner has driven over 44,000 miles in her Jeep, sleeping in her tear drop trailer, in order to meet and LISTEN TO! CD2 voters. She is the real deal, a person who actually shows up and answers questions, and will represent us well in Congress. Please join me in voting for a real representative by Nov. 6, Jamie McLeod-Skinner.