As of Tuesday, October 9, 2018
The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce invites community members to nominate businesses and individuals for recognition at the chamber’s annual banquet on Jan. 17, 2019. Nominations are due Dec. 7 at the chamber. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Nominations are sought for the following:
• Outstanding woman, man and volunteer of the year. Award is based on civic and community service, leadership, professional service and achievements in local organizations.
• Agriculture Person(s) of the year. Award is based on leadership in the agriculture industry, community service, leadership in current and past career. Must be a Wasco County resident.
• Outstanding Youth (ages 16 – 21). Award is based on civic and community service, leadership, academic leadership and length of service and commitment. Must be a The Dalles resident.
• Business of the Year. Award is based on vision that goes beyond “Business as Usual,” demonstrated success and exceptional performance in business practices, qualities of leadership, cooperation, teamwork, and contribution to the business leadership of The Dalles area.
• Educator of the Year. An individual who is exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled from any school in The Dalles (please share examples.)
• First responder of the year. Award is for a person having gone above and beyond the call of duty in any particular incident, and showing exemplary bravery or skill (please share an example.)
Nomination is open to all residents of Wasco County, regardless of chamber membership.
Additional written explanations and letters of support may be submitted along with the nomination form.
The person who nominated the candidate will be contacted. Call the Chamber at 541-296-2231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.